The Organizing Committee of the XVI International Van Cliburn Piano Competition, which will be held from 2 to 18 June 2022 in Fort Worth (USA, Texas), has announced the names of the participants in the 2022 competition.
Thirty participants were admitted to the competitive auditions. Among them are six Russians (Anna Genyushene, Arseniy Gusev, Elizaveta Klyuchereva, Ilya Shmukler, Vitaly Starikov, Sergei Tanin), two participants from Belarus and one from Ukraine.
Previously, the organizing committee of the Competition announcedthat will allow Russian participants to qualify for the audition.
Full list of participants of the Sixteenth Van Phubern International Piano Competition:
- Tianshui An, China, 23 years old
- Yangzhou Kai, China, 21 years old
- Albert Kano Smith, Spain / Netherlands, 25 years old
- Dmitry Choni, Ukraine, 28 years old
- Federico Gad Crema, Italy, 23 years old
- Anna Genyushene, Russia, 31 years old
- Francesco Granata, 23, Italy
- Arseniy Gusev, Russia, 23 years old
- Masaya Kamei, Japan, 20 years old
- Vladislav Khandogi, Belarus, 20 years old
- Hongi Kim, South Korea, 30 years old
- Elizaveta Klyuchereva, Russia, 23 years old
- Shuang Hearn Lee, Australia, 19 years old.
- Andrew Lee, USA, 22 years old
- Yongchang Lim, South Korea, 18 years old.
- Denis Linnik, Belarus, 26 years old
- Kate Liu, USA, 28 years old
- Ziu Liu, China, 24 years old
- Jonathan Mack, Canada, 25 years old
- Georgy Osokins, Latvia, 27 years old
- Jinhyun Pak, South Korea, 26 years old.
- Changyong Shin, South Korea, 28 years old.
- Ilya Shmukler, Russia, 27 years old
- Vitaly Starikov, Russia, 27 years old
- Clayton Stephenson, USA, 23 years old.
- Yutong Sun, China, 26 years old
- Marcel Tadokoro, France / Japan, 28 years old
- Sergey Tanin, 26 years old, Russia
- Yuki Yoshimi, Japan, 22 years old.
- Xiaolu Zhang, China, 22 years old
72 pianists from 22 countries were admitted to the preliminary audition. Russia was represented by 13 pianists: Ivan Bessonov, Tatiana Dorokhova, Anna GenyusheneArseniy Gusev, Maxim Kinasov, Elizaveta Klyuchereva, Alexander Klyuchko, Arseniy Moon, Ilya Shmukler, Vitaly Starikov, Sergei Tanin, Arseniy Tarasevich-Nikolaev, Anastasia Vorotnaya.
Jury members of the 2022 Competition: Marin Alsop (Chairman), Jean-Efflam Bavuze, Alessio Bucks, Rico Gulda, Andreas Hefliger, Wu Han, Stephen Hugh, Anne-Marie McDermott, Orly Shaham, Lilya Zilberstein.
The XVI International Van Cliburn Piano Competition will be held in Fort Worth from 2 to 18 June 2022. The jury will be chaired by conductor Marin Elsop. The total prize fund of the competition is 265,000 US dollars (almost doubled since the previous competition in 2017). The winner of the first prize will receive $ 100,000, the second – $ 50,000, the third – $ 25,000. In addition to the main awards, additional prizes are provided.
Among the winners of the first prize of the competition in previous years – Radu Lupu (Romania, 1966), Vladimir Viardo (USSR, 1973), Alexei Sultanov (USSR, 1989), Olga Kern (Russia) and Stanislav Yudenich (Uzbekistan) (2001), Alexander Kobrin (Russia, 2005), Vadim Kholodenko (Ukraine, 2013).
The Cliburn Competition has been held every four years since 1962.