Yoda made his first steps in a distant galaxy a long time ago. Who would have thought that this kid would become one of the strongest and wisest Jedi in history? To do this, he worked hard. ReadRate is taking an example from the Grand Master and continues to research the inter-author series of books on Star Wars. Today we will talk about stories written for young Jedi.
“Star Wars” for almost half a century. Many people become interested in the adventures of Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca and other famous characters of the saga as a child, thanks to their parents and even grandparents. The universe of “ZV” is complex, not every adult can immediately understand it. Especially for young readers began to publish books about “Star Wars” for children and adolescents. Most of them are published by Disney-Lucasfilm Press. The writers adapted the well-known plots of the films, as well as came up with new adventures based on “ZV”.
All children’s publications are divided into three groups: books for preschoolers, schoolchildren and adolescents. IN to each of them we arranged the stories in the correct chronological order. IN The list includes only those books that can be read in Russian. Recall that the chronology in the world of “Star Wars” comes from the Battle of Yavin. All events that took place before her are marked as BBY, and after – as PBYA.
Let’s start with books that will appeal to preschoolers.
- “New Hope: The Princess, the Villain and the Boy from the Farm” (2015), Alexandra Bracken – 0 ДБЯ – 0 ПБЯ
- “The empire strikes back. So you want to be a Jedi? ” (2015), Adam Gidwitz – 3 ПБЯ
- “Return of the Jedi: Beware of the power of the Dark Side!” (2015), Tom Angleberger – 4 ПБЯ
Books about Star Wars for schoolchildren are read in the following order:
- The Hidden Threat (2015), Courtney Carbon – 32 ДБЯ
- Attack of the Clones (2015), Christopher Nicholas – 22 ДБЯ
- “Young Jedi Knights: Kenobi’s Blade” (1997), Rebecca Places – 22 ПБЯ
- The Young Jedi Knights: The World of Lyrics (1996), Nancy Richardson – 22 ПБЯ
- The Young Jedi Knights: Anakin’s Wanderings (1997), Rebecca Places – 22 ПБЯ
- Revenge of the Sith (2015), Joff Smith – 19 ДБЯ
- New Hope (2015), Joff Smith – 0 ДБЯ – 0 ПБЯ
- “Smuggling flight. The Adventure of Han Solo and Chewbacca ”(2015), Greg Raka – 0 ПБЯ
- “Jedi weapons. The Adventures of Luke Skywalker ”(2015), Jason Fry – 0 ПБЯ
- “Empire Strikes Back” (2015), Joff Smith – 3 ПБЯ
- The Return of the Jedi (2015), Joff Smith – 4 ПБЯ
- “Before Awakening” (2015), Greg Cancer – 31–34 ПБЯ
- Awakening of the Force (2016), Christopher Nicholas – 34 ПБЯ
- The Last Jedi (2018), Elizabeth Schaefer – 34 ПБЯ
Disney-Lucasfilm Press has published a series of books for teenage readers. So far, the following publications can be read in Russian:
- Asoka (2016), Emily Kate Johnston – 18 ДБЯ
- “The Way of the Rebel” (2018), Beth Ravis – 13–0 ДБЯ
- “Lost Stars” (2015), Claudia Gray – 11 ДБЯ – 5 ПБЯ
Before buying, be sure to look at the preview of the text online or browse the paper version. This way you will understand whether what is written will be interesting and understandable to your child. By the way, there are many illustrated encyclopedias on Star Wars. They are a good addition to books about the Jedi world.
Adult fans of the saga, we recommend reading the materials on the order of reading novels on the famous movie franchise: Star Wars. Episode I. “Canonical novels” and Star Wars. Episode II. “Legendary novels”.