This is the twelfth edition of the large-scale project “Siberian Art Museum”.
Today, May 27, at the Museum. MA Vrubel will host a presentation of the unique edition “Gallery of Russian Painting”. This is a monograph on the work of Vasily Surikov. The author of the publication is Doctor of Philosophy, Professor and public figure Vladimir Bolshakov.
– This book is a reflection on the influence of Russian historical painting on civic consciousness in the imperial period of Russian statehood. This is a look at Russian history through the prism of a careful and thoughtful analysis of Surikov’s historical paintings, – the author explains.
The monograph consists of four chapters:
- Secular painting in Russia;
- Vasily Ivanovich Surikov. Becoming an artist;
- Inspired singer of the Russian turmoil;
- Twilight of the Empire.
– Modern publishing technologies have made it possible to make a book of high quality. Turning the pages of the monograph, the reader finds himself in a real art museum, where the author is a guide. The book is written in simple language. It will be interesting for both professionals and a wide range of readers. 50 copies were transferred to the city libraries, – told in the press service of the Ministry of Culture of the Omsk region.
The presentation of the monograph “Gallery of Russian Painting” will take place at the Center “Hermitage Siberia” at 12:00 on the street Museum, 4.
It should be noted that this is the twelfth edition of the Siberian Art Museum project implemented by the Tobolsk Revival Public Charitable Foundation. The publication was prepared jointly with the Russian Academy of Sciences. The presentation of the publication will be attended by the head of the Foundation, patron and publisher of Tobolsk Arkady Elfimov.